On Wednesday, Nokia announced a series of enhancements brought to the Nokia Mail for Exchange client for its Asha 302 and Asha 303 handsets.
The software was released in a beta flavor and is available for all devices powered by firmware 14.53 or above (which is not yet available for Nokia users in all countries).
“Although the roll-out has started, it hasn’t become available in all regions yet. However, this will continue to improve in the coming weeks,” Nokia announced.
The new Nokia Mail for Exchange version has been released to bring along a wide range of enhancements to users. Although in beta now, the app should make it to the Nokia Store soon.
Owners of any of the aforementioned handsets will enjoy a new user interface in the new flavor of the mobile client, while also benefiting from increased UI performance and responsiveness.
The new update also arrives with support for 21 languages and comes with a variety of improvements and bug fixes, Nokia announced.
Other enhancements in the new app flavor include:
- Calendar support for daylight savings is complete and functional
- Ability to attach and download files to the device file system “Received Files”
- Memory leaks are fixed and hence now the application will not get stuck anymore and continue to sync according to the set sync options.
- An improved rendering capability for extended text format.
- The application is compatible with Microsoft Office 365 Mobility Service (i.e only synchronization of email, contacts and calendar and support for remote contacts lookup)
Suresh Chande, senior product manager, notes that users who will download and install the new beta version of the mobile client should provide feedback on their experience with the application, so that more improvements could be added into the mix.
You can find the application in the Nokia Beta Labs. More info on what it has to offer can be found in the video embedded below.