The update is pushed over the air (OTA), in stages
It looks like Microsoft and Nokia are really trying hard to bring their customers the latest software updates, as fast as possible.We reported earlier today the AT&T Lumia 1020 is receiving Nokia Black update, which finally enabled the RAW support for the smartphone's 41-megapixel PureView camera.
Today, WPCentral reports another high-end Windows Phone handset is getting an important update, namely the T-Mobile Lumia 925.
It appears that Microsoft is now rolling out the Windows Phone 8 GDR3 update for Nokia Lumia 925 at T-Mobile USA, though we're still waiting for confirmation from the carrier.
Among the most important changes included in this update, T-Mobile Lumia 925 owners who upgrade their smartphones will notice Microsoft and Nokia made lots of improvements for users who are visually impaired.
In addition, there will way to free more storage space on the phone and manage temporary files. New categories will now show which apps and services are taking up space on the Lumia 925.
There's also a new Driving Mode that allows users to minimize incoming calls and text messages to help them focus on the road. With the latest update applied, users will be able to lock their screen orientation so it doesn't shift when they move their phones around.
Other improvements to the phone have been added as well, you can read the details below:
- Wi-Fi. Start preserving cellular data on your phone right out of the box—you can now connect to Wi-Fi during set up.
- Internet sharing. Now you can use your phone’s cellular data connection from your Microsoft Windows 8.1 devices by pairing them over Bluetooth.
- Bluetooth. Several fixes were made to address known issues, and improvements were made to connection quality for Bluetooth accessories.
- Ringtones. Do more with ringtones now. Assign ringtones for text messages, so you'll know who's texting you without even looking. Use your custom ringtones for more things—text messages, instant messages, emails, voicemail, and reminders.
- App switcher. Don't look back. Now you can use the App switcher to quickly close apps when you're finished with them.
Keep in mind the update is pushed OTA (over the air) in stages, which means not all T-Mobile Lumia 925 owners will receive it at the same time. Check out our full Nokia Lumia 925 review for more in-depth details on the phone.