Finnish mobile phone maker Nokia did quite well in 2012 with its newest Windows Phone 8 devices, although they were launched only towards the end of the year.
The flagship Nokia Lumia 920 was a very popular smartphone in the fourth quarter of the last year, and it is expected to remain so for a while longer.
With 2012 over, Nokia is drawing a line and summing up its achievements for the entire year, which also include 12 awards that its Lumia 920 won since made official this past September.
According to the handset vendor, the flagship Windows Phone 8 device is the most innovative smartphone in the world, and the awards it has won last year could be seen as 12 reasons for people to choose it as their next handset.
Lumia 920 was considered the top smartphone of the year by V3.co.uk, one of the leading websites for technology professionals in the UK.
Furthermore, the device was considered the best smartphone of the year at Gizmodo in Australia, receiving the Readers Choice Award.
The handset also won the iF Award for Outstanding Design from the International Forum Design in Germany (awarded by a jury of renowned designers from across the globe).
- Mobil Award for Best Smartphone Design, Mobile Magazine, Denmark
- Best Smartphones of 2012, The Next Web, USA
- Top Score Award, Mobil, Sweden
- The Best High End Smartphones for the Holidays, CNET, USA
- Best Productivity Phone, Best Camera Phone, Best Mapping Phone, Best Windows Phone, Runner up, Arstechnic, USA
- Top 25 Tech of 2012, Mashable, USA
- Top Smartphone of the Year, Mybroadband, South Africa
- Best AT&T Smartphones of 2012, BGR, USA
- “Probably the most advanced smartphone on the market”, The Independent, UK
Lumia 920 has seen great demand since its official launch in early November, and is still out of stock at various carriers and retailers, but Nokia has already promised ramped-up production for this year, along with expanded availability of the Windows Phone 8 device.