Nokia E52 is another handset from the Finnish mobile phone maker that was blessed with a new software update not too long ago, bringing the firmware on the device up to version 51.018.
In addition to a wide range of enhancements and improvements, the new software solution for Nokia E52 also comes with a series of fixes, as well as with other changes, it seems.
A recent post
on E's Phoneblog notes that the new firmware
update sports Windows Live removal, as well as new chat functionalities for users.
The release notes of the solution (resembling a lot with those for Nokia E72's recent update
) would include, among others:- Browser upgrade into 7.2.6
- Cherry updated to version 2.1
- Freestyle Baseline 3.0 (latest version) update
- QuickOffice upgrade into 6.2.439
- New languages introduced, Office 2007 compatibility
- OVI Music client Inc9Br5 update
- Music 3.0: full album purchase, PIN less activation
- Lotus Notes Traveller 8.5.1 update
- My Nokia update
- OVI Store 1.6 update
- OVI Sync 2.0 update
- OVI Files widget 126.96.36.199 update
The new software solution includes Microsoft Office Communicator 1.7 and Nokia Chat 2.0, along with a nice range of usability and performance improvements, such as updated Ovi applications.
Moreover, users should enjoy a series of improvements related to e-mail, calendar, and Contacts applications, along with Nokia
Messaging for Instant Messaging, and Nokia Chat 2.0 added to vanilla SW UDA, and more.
Some of the improvements in the new software solution include:- Improved Email, Calendar and Contacts experience
- Performance improvements
- Stability and usability improvements
- No changes to vanilla memory cards
- HW Specific change:
- PR3.0 includes SW Support for Rapuyama 1.13 (previously Rapuyama 1.11 supported).
A number of more than 450 errors were fixed with the new software solution
, it seems.
Users interested in getting the new firmware should head over to Applications > Software Update on their devices to choose the software they want to update.
The new release
is also available for download via the Nokia Software Updater, the company announced.