Microsoft and Nokia have just announced Drive+ turn-by-turn application for Lumia smartphones is now available for all Windows Phone 8 devices.
This means Windows Phone fans who own the HTC 8X, Samsung ATIV S or any WP8 handset, other than Nokia, will be able to take advantage of what Drive+ has to offer.
However, keep in mind that Nokia Drive+ is only available in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada. Hopefully, Nokia and Microsoft will make it available to additional countries in the not-too-distant future.
According to Nokia, Drive+ will continue to remain in beta so developers can continue to add new features and improvements meant to enhance users’ experience. Check out below some of the features Nokia Drive+ has to offer:
- Full offline support for 89 countries across the world;
- Turn-by-turn, voice guided navigation with spoken street names;
- Local speed limit information with audible speed limit warnings;
- 60+ different voice guidance packs available for free download;
- Automatic Day/Night mode to provide users with optimum visibility;
- Route settings such as avoiding toll roads, highways, and others;
- 2D & 3D landmarks on map help users orient themselves during navigation;
- Turns off GPS after the app is sent to background, except in guidance mode;
- Get one-tap access to current position and see the distance from current position while exploring/panning the map;
- Create, personalize and save favorite places on the phone;
- Advanced dashboard with user's speed, distance covered, estimated time of arrival and the time left to his/her destination;
- Pin favorite destinations to the Start screen of the phone to create a Live Tile for one-tap access to directions and navigation.
Nokia Drive+ Beta 126.96.36.1993 is now available as a free download via Windows Phone Store and it should be fully compatible with all devices running Windows Phone 8. Check it out here.