A nice range of other enhancements are also available
Ever since announcing its focus on the release of Windows Phone devices, Finnish mobile phone maker Nokia has left Symbian smartphones aside, and the newest platform releases did not arrive on all the latest such phones from the company.Nokia C6-01 RM-718 & RM-601 is one of these smartphones, currently powered by Belle Refresh, though capable of supporting newer features that were delivered to users through Belle FP1.
In fact, the handset has already managed to get a taste of these features, courtesy of a custom firmware that some enthusiasts came up with.
The software is based on 808 PureView’s Belle FP1 OS and provides owners of the Nokia C6-01 with the UI and looks of the newer platform release.
The update was found on dailymobile forums, where it emerged last week, and should be treated as unofficial software for the device.
The new Belle FP1 Task switcher has been included in the custom firmware, along with Dolby headphone support, and other enhancements as well.
Users who choose to download and install it on their Belle Refresh-powered smartphones will also receive unlimited Homescreens (100), Nokia pure Harmattan fonts, Theme Effects to E mod, Browser Cache to E, and the like.
The release notes for this firmware also include:
- First home screen can be deleted
- Restart option added to the power button menu
- Custom Profiles mod to rename all profiles
- Tactile feedback while connecting,Disconnecting,Second incoming call
- Hacked with yinstallserver.exe
- RomPatcherPlus 3.1 with Auto start
- Added some important patches (Enable the Installserver and open4all patches after flashing)
- Enabled Rename & Move to folder in main menu
- Create sub Folders in main menu
- Disabled Active Diverts
- Kinetic Scrolling Fast
- File manager extender mod added
- Song Metadata Editing mod added
There are also a series of widgets and apps that have been added to the firmware, such as Comms launcher widget, Flip clock, ZDSync Time, Gallery widget, mem check, Kill me, Easy key lock, Notes FP2 widget, and Transparent notification widget.
You can learn more info on the custom firmware via this thread on DailyMobile forum.