Nokia Asha 306 Receiving Software Update, Improves Touchscreen Performance
The update also brings some stability enhancements
Nokia Asha 306 hit shelves back in July and is now one of the most popular Asha series handsets available in emerging markets.The budget-friendly handset runs the Finnish company’s latest S40 UI and offers basic phone features, along with some exclusive Nokia apps and services.
Today, Nokia announced the Asha 306 would receive a new software update that should bring the phone’s firmware to version 5.93. The handset maker also confirmed the following changes would be included in this update:
- Phone software stability improvements;
- Improved display brightness and touch screen performance;
- Improved phone memory handing;
- Correction for the Taipei time zone;
- General performance and usability improvements.
The rollout of the update has already been started for Asha 306 (RM-767 and RM-768) in Middle East, Africa, South East Asia and Pacific regions (including India), as well as for some users from Latin Americas.
HOT RIGHT NOW