Finnish mobile phone maker Nokia has made a new software update available for download for the owners of Nokia Asha 305 devices, namely firmware 7.35.
Meant for all Asha 305 RM-766 units, the new update arrives on handsets as a major release, promising some appealing enhancements and being set to arrive in a matter of weeks.
“We have started rolling out a new software update for Nokia Asha 305 (RM-766): v.7.35,” Nokia announced on its support website.
“This is a major release and has been already published for some of the countries - more should follow in coming days and weeks. The update will be available both via FOTA and Nokia Suite,” the company also said.
Following the update, users should enjoy various improvements from the previously available software release 5.92, the aforementioned post explains.
For example, there are a series of enhancements brought to the quality of phone calls, along with updated applications, stability improvements, as well as better performance capabilities to take advantage of.
The main changes in the new software release for the Nokia Asha 305 include:
- Improved phone call quality
- Phone software stability improvements
- Updated versions of Nokia Xpress Browser and Nokia Store
- Updated versions of News and Offers and Notifications applications
- Updated versions of Chat & Email applications. Only available via Nokia Suite.
- New eBuddy, Twitter & Facebook applications. Available via Nokia Suite and Nokia Store.
- General performance & usability improvements
As mentioned above, the update will be pushed to devices both over the air and through the Nokia Suite application, and users can choose to install it in the manner that suits them best.