Starting today, owners of a Nokia 808 PureView smartphone can download and install a new software on their devices, with appealing new features packed inside.
We already reported on the availability of the new firmware, and with an official announcement already available from Nokia, we can have a look at what users will receive through the update as well.
According to Nokia, the new software
will bring along a series of enhancements to the imaging experience that users receive from the 808 PureView.
Some of these include:
- Gallery Grid view when you have the phone in landscape
- Access to more functions when you open your images from the Gallery widget on your home screen – swipe through other images, zoom, share, edit, and send images faster.
- More information about your images, such as image resolution, ISO value, white balance setting, and file size, and the location. When you are connected online, one click will show you on Nokia Maps where the photo was taken.
- Select and delete multiple photos in Gallery Grid
- New reset button in Creative mode to change all the settings back to default with a single touch
In addition to these improvements, 808 PureView users will benefit from various other enhancements as well, including a new browser version, which comes with enhanced HTML5 support. The update brings a Video Pro application along.
According to Nokia
, the keyboard of this device has been improved as well via the new software update, and there is also a Nokia Car Mode app that users will enjoy (with easy access to the phone’s key features when driving).
Available starting today, the new software update will arrive on devices around the globe, yet it will be delivered in stages. Release timings will vary based on region and carriers.
“To check if the update is available for you and to install the update, connect the phone to your PC and open Nokia Suite
, or alternatively check the Software Update application on your device,” Nokia notes.
“The Nokia 603, Nokia 700 and Nokia 701 will also get an update that includes the features such as the faster browser and Nokia Car Mode. However, the imaging and gallery enhancements are for the Nokia 808 PureView only,” the company concluded.