This year's Consumer Electronics Show is almost here and the lineup of some of the participants has already been revealed. Fujifilm announced a new lens and five new digital cameras among which we can find the world's first weather-resistant 50x superzoom bridge camera.
Other manufacturers are yet to reveal this year's surprises, but it seems that a few specs for the upcoming photographic gear have already started to be leaked online.
This is also the case with Nikon's new entry-level digital SLR, the D3300, which, until today, remained a mystery for all avid fans of the famous Nippon company.
That being said, Japanese website Digicameinfo has just published a list with a few specs of the upcoming D3300 DSLR as well as more info on the new 35mm f/1.8G FX and 15-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II lenses.
According to the aforementioned source, Nikon D3300 comes with a 24MP sensor and 11 points dynamic AF just like its older sibling, the D3200. The camera also features an EXPEED 4 imaging processing engine, 3-inch LCD monitor as well as an improved ISO sensitivity of up to ISO 25,600.
The shutter speed has also been improved, allowing you to shoot up to 5 frames per second (4fps on the D3200) in burst shooting mode. Pricing and availability are yet to be known, but the D3300 kit will also come with the new 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II lens.
As for the two upcoming lenses, in addition to what we already know, the 35mm f/1.8G FX will also feature and ED glass element besides the aspherical glass element that will help reduce flare and chromatic aberrations to a minimum.
Check out below the full list of leaked features for the upcoming Nikon D3300 DSLR.
- The sensor 24 million pixels
- AF 11 points
- ISO100-12800 (25600 sensitizing)
- Image processing engine EXPEED4 with excellent noise reduction processing
- Continuous shooting 5 frames / second highest
- LCD monitor 3 inches
- Scene mode corresponding to the scene of the six most frequently used
- GUIDE function that describes a feature that requires camera
- Special Effects mode of 13 kinds. You can confirm the effect in the live view screen
- Kit lens 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II