New Xbox 360 Entertainment and TV Apps Now Available
Enjoy lots of new content on the Xbox 360 with these new services
Microsoft has just announced that eleven new TV and entertainment applications are now available for download from Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 console, following the ones that already appeared last week when the new console dashboard appeared.The Xbox 360 is being converted into an entertainment hub by Microsoft, so, in order to attract as many customers as possible, the company has been deploying lots of new apps onto Xbox Live designed to attract console owners and supply them all kinds of entertainment.
Quite a lot of services were available on the first day of the new dashboard’s release, December 6, and 11 new ones have just been released by Microsoft for its console.
These include content providers from across the world, as well as other services like YouTube, which is now available in 24 countries.
Check out the full list of new entertainment apps that are now available on Xbox Live below.
- blinkbox (UK): blinkbox gives access to a wide range of movies online. With more than 10,000 movies titles movie fans can watch their favorite films immediately with no additional subscription required.
- iHeartRadio (U.S.): Listen to more than 800 of the nation’s most popular live broadcast radio stations from 150 U.S. cities or create your own Custom Stations with the New iHeartRadio.
- MSN Video (Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Mexico, US and UK): MSN brings you the latest breaking news, sports, celebrity gossip and more from around the globe.
- MSNBC.com (U.S.): MSNBC.com brings you the best of NBC News, MSNBC, Fox Sports, Access Hollywood, original programming and more, on-demand and up-to-date 24/7/365.
- MUZU.TV (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and UK): MUZU.TV the music video site, offers nearly 80,000 music videos at your command. Brand new releases from the world’s biggest artists, great music videos from every decade, up and coming bands and the latest music news and interviews.
- Rogers On Demand (Canada): Rogers On Demand provides select TV shows and movies to everyone for FREE. Rogers customers can also catch up on their favorite premium programming anytime, from anywhere in Canada.
- SBS ON DEMAND (Australia): SBS ON DEMAND is a catch up TV service that lets you watch full episodes, of your favorite SBS television programs.
- TMZ (Canada, U.S.): Your all-access pass to the latest TMZ entertainment stories and breaking news videos everyone is talking about!
- RTVE (Spain): Complete episodes from series, news programs, documentaries and the best Spanish audiovisual content from RTVE.
- Verizon FiOS TV (U.S.): Get Verizon FiOS TV with 26 live channels like MTV, Spike, Food Network, Comedy Central, HBO, CNN and Nickelodeon – with more to come. Plus with Kinect, change channels with your voice.
- YouTube (Available in 24 countries globally): From your favorite web original video to gaming tips, a universe of compelling content is available through YouTube on Xbox LIVE.
Most of these apps demand a Xbox Live Gold subscription, however, so you may not be able to access all these apps.