Download the latest Enlightenment E17 desktop environment from Softpedia
Enlightenment E17, a lean, fast, modular and very extensible window manager for X11 that provides all the necessary packages to run a desktop, have just reached the gamma stage.After breaking some kind of record regarding the speed of development for a desktop environment, the guys developing Enlightenment E17 have released a new kind of version called gamma.
Gamma is the third letter of the Greek alphabet and so far they've gone through Alpha and Beta. Maybe the last development version will be called Omega.
In any case, this latest release of Enlightenment E17 has been dubbed “The Hulk,” mostly because it contains a huge number of changes.
Highlights of Enlightenment E17 Gamma:
• The clock and cpufreq gadgets now consume less CPU power;
• The slider widget can no longer explode the stack;
• The backlight setting has been improved and it's now a lot more reliable;
• The “Really move” option in the file manager has been renamed to something more descriptive;
• Dragging files to other applications from the file manager no longer causes the file icon to disappear;
• Dragging files to other applications from filemanager no longer causes file icon to disappear;
• The file manager toolbar path items now disappear when the corresponding path is removed;
• The Navigate menu no longer crashes when repeatedly navigating to a directory which has no listable contents;
• Notifications no longer do anything, including crash, when receiving data during a desklock;
• The gadgets module no longer crashes on unload and now correctly shows the gadgets when it's loaded;
• Read-only entry widgets are now actually read-only.
A comprehensive list of changes and improvements can be found in the official announcement.
Download Enlightenment E17 Gamma right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.