Owners of Symbian devices running under the Nokia Belle operating system flavor can now purchase and download a new version of the Situations app for Nokia phones on their handsets.
For those out of the loop, we should note that the app was designed to enable users to set their devices to perform specific applications when needed.
For example, the app could be set to turn the phone
to silent when in a meeting, to display weather forecast on the screen in the morning, or to provide check-in software at hand when looking to make a reservation.
“Situations ties your device more into your life by sensing the situation you’ve set. It adapts to situations based on Time, Calendar event, available Connectivity or Location,” a blog post on Nokia Beta Labs reads.
The new version of the application does not come from Nokia themselves, but from Pastilli Labs avoin yhtiö, a company founded by two core members behind Nokia Situations.
The software has been greatly improved, and should provide all users of Nokia Belle devices with a great experience.
Some of the main features of the new application include: - UI is totally new and intuitive for easy definition of your situations
- Location can be set using maps based UI
- Time condition allows now multiple schedules with selection of weekdays
- Improved calendar condition includes filters based on keyword, only alarmed events or only recurring events
- Bluetooth and WiFi conditions are redesigned to be more reliable
- Profile can be used in multiple situations and the use of Power Save mode and SMS reply are improved and more reliable
Overall, the new software
should help users turn their smartphones into truly reliable companions, capable of providing features they need exactly when they need them.
Situations for Nokia’s Belle handsets is available in the Nokia Store
today, featuring a price tag of €0.99.