Minecraft for Xbox 360 developer 4J Studios has confirmed that a brand new update will be released for the game in the near future and detailed the array of changes and fixes to be included in the patch.
Minecraft for Xbox 360 came out on the Xbox Live Arcade earlier this year and, since then, it has broken sales records while reaching millions upon millions of players from all over the world.
Developer 4J Studios has kept on releasing updates for the game, bringing features that have already appeared for the PC version of Minecraft, while fixing various issues.
The latest update for the game doesn’t bring that many new things, besides a few extra options and recipes for things like Golden Apples or Pumpkin Seeds, but it does have all sorts of bug fixes for different issues.
From problems with the split-screen mode, to the lowering of the volume of certain sound effects, like when you open or close a chest, many improvements will be included in the upcoming patch, so check them out below, via PlayXBLA.
Changes and Additions:
- Added an option to clear the quick select bar in the creative interface.
- Added an option to enable or disable bedrock fog, and set to off by default.
- Added an option to toggle the HUD off/on.
- Added an option to turn the player hand off/on.
- Added a crafting recipe for Golden Apples.
- Added a crafting recipe for Pumpkin Seeds.
- Made cakes stackable.
- Added a How To Play page for Host and Player options.
- Fix for a problem with signs in online games causing crashes.
- Fix for save renaming deleting the wrong save due to input received during the confirmation flow.
- Fix to the mob generation code to increase the number of animals in the world.
- Fix for chests being incorrectly lit, and rotated for maps from previous versions.
- Fix for problem with the eating animation being shown for players who weren’t eating.
- Fix for problem with chest lids not behaving properly.
- Fix for animals looking like they were taking damage when they shouldn’t.
- Fix for some sounds not playing when the player has an empty hand.
- Fix for lever sounds.
- Fix for fence gate sounds.
- Fix for splitscreen players sometimes having their settings zeroed.
- Fix for being damaged while flying over lava.
- Fix to stop lava, milk and water buckets being empty after use in creative mode.
- Fix for Leader of the Pack achievement being awarded incorrectly.
- Fix for leaderboard stats issue where value stored was incorrect.
- Fix for hitbox problems with glass panes and iron fence.
- Fix for small character display changing color to green.
- Fix for map rendering incorrectly in some situations with clouds disabled.
- Fix for block rendering problem at the edge of the map.
- Fix for splitscreen players not being able to mine in the tutorial.
- Fix for players not being able to sprint/sprint-fly in creative mode if the player was previously in survival mode with a low food bar.
- Fix for arrow damage not being ignored when PvP is turned off.
- Fix for activated pressure plates not working correctly.
- Fix for the low food bar hint appearing when loading a game in creative mode (usually the tutorial world saves).
- Fix to remove the player shadow when the Invisible option in the Host Privileges is used.
- Fix for Red Roses not being generated on the terrain.
- Fix for paintings being pushed by pistons.
- Fix so that players who can’t eat, due to the Trust Players option being off, do not get exhausted.
- Fix for the interface disappearing after a Share to Facebook action.
- Fix to limit the number of Slimes, Ghasts and Silverfish that can be spawned in a world.
- Fix for the cursor position in creative mode being able to go offscreen.
- Fix for players showing on maps when they should not be, after the player dies and respawns.
- Fix for capes displaying wrongly when sprint-flying.
- Fix for capes not displaying in the Nether.
- Fix for capes not displaying when the player respawns.
- Fix for tools taking damage in Creative Mode.
- Fix so Bows don’t need or use up Arrows in Creative Mode.
- Reduced the volume of the chest open/close sound effect
As of yet, however, 4J doesn’t have a concrete release date for the update, but rest assured that one will be shared with players soon.