New Nvidia Linux Certified Display Driver 304.84 Fixes Font Rendering Performance, Download Now
Nvidia launches yet another major video driver update
Nvidia announced today, January 21, the immediate availability for download of the 304.84 version of its graphics driver for Linux operating systems.Nvidia is making great strides for the Linux platform and is constantly improving the quality of their drivers, mostly by fixing problems spotted by the community.
This latest version made available, 304.84, is just as consistent as the previous updates and comes with a lot of new features and improvements.
Highlights of Nvidia Display Driver 304.84:
• A bug that could lead to rendering corruption after an X server generation (i.e., leaving an X server running after all of its clients have exited) has been fixed;
• A spurious dependency on libpangox has been removed from the nvidia-settings binary shipped as part of the driver package;
• A bug that could cause the X server to crash when performing an RandR 1.0 rotation (e.g., `xrandr --orientation left`), after unplugging the last connected monitor, has been fixed;
• Support for X.org xserver ABI 14 has been added (xorg-server 1.14);
• Font rendering performance and corruption problems were corrected on X servers with backported support for the new glyph cache functionality added to Pixman 0.27;
• A potential X server crash has been corrected during initialization, when a graphics card with a TV connector has no TV connected;
• A new X configuration option, "UseHotplugEvents," to allow the suppression of RandR events when adding or removing non-DisplayPort displays. You should check the "X Config Options" appendix of the README for details.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement. Keep in mind that even though this is Legacy release, you still might encounter bugs and various problems.
Download Nvidia Display Driver 304.84 for Linux 32-bit.
Download Nvidia Display Driver 304.84 for Linux 64-bit.
Download Nvidia Display Driver 304.84 for FreeBSD.
Download Nvidia Display Driver 304.84 for Solaris.
HOT RIGHT NOW