Lots of fixes to hero and item glitches are also includedDota 2 has just received a brand new update on the PC platform, via Steam, which adds a brand new game mode – Reverse Captains – and improves a variety of issues, including problems with the voice chat and with different characters or items.
Valve has yet to actually release Dota 2 officially, but its ever-growing closed beta is becoming more and more popular, especially thanks to constant update delivered by the developer.
The latest patch has now been rolled out, via Valve’s Steam service, and brings quite a few new things, including a special Reverse Captains mode, not to mention many solutions to different issues relating to certain heroes, like the Enchantress, Phantom Lancer, or Wisp, while fixing items like the Tranquil boots.
What’s more, the voice chat has also been tweaked, as a new feature called auto-gain has been added in order to make the voices of players sound better and clearer.
Check out the full list of changes made to Dota 2 by the newest patch below, via Steam.
- Added Reverse Captains Mode.
- Dark Seer: Fixed Wall of Replica illusion creation timing (affects instantly dying illusions mainly).
- Dragon Knight: Fixed Elder Dragon Form not splashing on siege units.
- Enchantress: Fixed being unable to be healed by Nature's Attendants if you are sleeping.
- Enchantress: Fixed Impetus not being castable on Magic Immune enemies (still does no damage if immune on impact).
- Gyrocopter: Homing Missile now starts 150 units in front him.
- Huskar: Fixed Life Break not properly dispelling buffs on you when cast.
- Lich: Fixed Chainfrost not working with Refresher.
- Phantom Lancer: Fixed not reproducing his abilities (including stat bonuses) correctly on his Dopplewalked illusion.
- Phantom Lancer: Fixed Dopplewalked illusions never Juxtaposing.
- Shadow Shaman: Fixed Mass Serpent Wards having no cast point.
- Silencer: Fixed Illusions stealing intelligence.
- Spiritbreaker: Fixed case where he could interrupt his Charge by previously having given an attack order to his target.
- Templar Assassin: Fixed Psionic Trap's nearby detonate ability not always working if the trap is too far.
- Undying: Zombies now correctly disable Blink Dagger.
- Venomancer: Fixed Poison Sting duration not increasing per level.
- Visage: Fixed Familiars agroing neutrals when flying over them.
- Wisp: Fixed his Spirits dying if he gets cycloned or purged.
- Wisp: Fixed Tether targeting magic immune allies.
- Witch Doctor: Fixed Paralyzing Casks not bouncing between Magic Immune enemies (doesn't stun them, but doesn't cause the bouncing to end prematurely).
- Witch Doctor: Fixed Death Ward not bouncing on magic immune enemies.
- Fixed heroes being able to get stuck on each other in rare cases.
- Fixed neutrals seeing and killing other sentry wards (as well as other non-attacking ward-type units).
- Fixed Arcane Boots and Mekansm being unable to affected allied invulnerable units.
- Fixed Orb of Venom doing lethal damage.
- Fixed Neutral Gnoll's poison attack doing lethal damage.
- Fixed Vladmir's Offering applying the aura when they owning unit is dead.
- Movement speed on the HUD is now written as a total rather than two seperate numbers.
- Fixed Disabled Tranquil Boots movement speed.
- Updated Tranquil boots disabled icon.
- If you miss the queue for Diretide and accept a requeue, you will be put back in the Diretide queue.
- Adding chat bubble visualization of your current mic volume.
- Voice Threshold and Mute Cobroadcasters settings should now persist when the game is restarted.
- Added voice auto-gain. All voices are now brought up to a normal level. Turning off microphone boost in Windows settings is recommended.
- Reduced the delay on voice transmission.”
The new update will be automatically downloaded the next time you start up Steam on the PC platform.