Valve has just posted a brand new update for Dota 2 on its Steam service, this time adding a brand new hero, in the form of Medusa, while implementing a variety of tweaks in regards to gameplay, the user interface, as well as improvements for the bots.Dota 2 isn't even officially released, as it's still in a closed beta, but many people are already enjoying the multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game.
As such, developer Valve has continuously updated the experience with bug fixes, improvements, and new content.
The latest Dota 2 patch is no exception, as not only does it include all sorts of tweaks and fixes for different bugs, but it also has improvements for the bots, and adds a brand new hero, in the form of Medusa.
Check out the full list of things included in the latest Dota 2 update below, via Steam.
GAMEPLAY- Witch Doctor: Fixed Aghanim's Death Ward attacking Familiars and other psuedo heroes.
- Doom: Scorched Earth now only applies damage from Doom himself, not all the units affected by his aura.
- Pudge: Fixed being able to get units stuck using Refresher.
- Keeper of the Light: Fixed Recall interaction with non-hero units.
- Fixed Armlet and Power Treads interaction.
UI- Added a Haste button to the courier HUD element.
- Added Mid Only game mode for private lobbies (disables other lanes and allows the same hero to be selected).
- The Announcer Share dialog has been replaced with a Shared Content dialog.
- Added a badge to the top bar to count the available shared items.
- If shared content is available in a game, a message is now printed pregame.
- Added Balanced Shuffle button to non-tournament private lobbies.
- Added All Chat private lobby option for enabling voice chat among all players.
- Fixed "Equip" appearing in the right click menu for some chests.
AUDIO- Fixed hearing the wrong announcer after equipping a new item in the loadout.
- Fixed bugs with muting co-broadcasters causing other sounds to be muted.
BOTS- The bots are now less likely to push with more heroes than what they deem necessary (less 5-man Dota). Probably needs some tuning.
- Made bots slightly less self-concerned when considering defending an ally. Also made them more likely to jump in if they have a slow or stun.
- Bots that are capable of jungling during the laning phase may now do so.
- If purchasing an item from the secret shop would complete an item, desire for going there is now increased.
- When their next item is purchasable, their desire to farm is significantly reduced.
- Fixed bad tuning that was causing bots to almost never farm lanes.
- Improved bot responsiveness to pings on Roshan.
- Bots are now less likely to assume that humans will purchase wards."
The new update is already live on Steam and should be automatically downloaded the next time you start the service's client.