Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has just received a brand new update from developers Valve and Hidden Path Entertainment, tweaking quite a few different things, like the prices of the Weapon Case Key and the Payback Pass, but also changing some secondary aspects, like the behavior of the chickens on certain maps.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive came out almost a year ago and, since then, it's delivered a great experience that got a lot of old-school fans back into the Counter-Strike experience by not only modifying certain aspects but also by embracing the modding community.
Now, in order to keep the experience as fair and balanced as possible, a new patch has been deployed for Global Offensive that tweaks a variety of things while solving different bugs.
Check out the full changelog below, via Steam.
- Added ability to rename a weapon’s name with a custom engraved nameplate via Name Tags.
- Simplified trading with other players by adding a Start Chat button to CS:GO profiles.
- Chicken changes based on pro feedback:
-- Reduced chicken sounds dBs and volume.
-- Reduced idle clucking rate.
-- Reduced range that scares chickens when running.
- Adjusted Weapon Case Key and Payback Pass prices for foreign currencies based on current international exchange rates.
- Fixed an issue causing poor rendering performance, especially for SLI/Crossfire users.
- Fixed M4A4 loadout selection not saving correctly between sessions.
- Fixed competitive round backups restoring M4A1-S as M4A4 and USP-S as P2000.
- Fixed observers seeing smoke screen overlay when a smoke grenade popped on their last alive position.
- Fixed bomb activate/plant/defuse sounds not playing if the bomb was out of view
- Fixed Payback Coin description incorrectly displaying the number of hours logged in game.
- Fixed missing localization for Payback map maker Coins.
- Fixed an empty item panel sometimes showing on the scoreboard.
- Fixed Elite world model physics.
- Added flipping sound to inspecting the Desert Eagle.
The patch is already live on Steam and weighs in at around 62MB.