Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has just received a brand new update from developers Valve and Hidden Path Entertainment, tweaking quite a few different things, like the prices of the Weapon Case Key and the Payback Pass, but also changing some secondary aspects, like the behavior of the chickens on certain maps.Counter-Strike: Global Offensive came out almost a year ago and, since then, it's delivered a great experience that got a lot of old-school fans back into the Counter-Strike experience by not only modifying certain aspects but also by embracing the modding community.
Now, in order to keep the experience as fair and balanced as possible, a new patch has been deployed for Global Offensive that tweaks a variety of things while solving different bugs.
Check out the full changelog below, via Steam.
UI- Added ability to rename a weapon’s name with a custom engraved nameplate via Name Tags.
- Simplified trading with other players by adding a Start Chat button to CS:GO profiles.
GAMEPLAY- Chicken changes based on pro feedback:
-- Reduced chicken sounds dBs and volume.
-- Reduced idle clucking rate.
-- Reduced range that scares chickens when running.
MISC- Adjusted Weapon Case Key and Payback Pass prices for foreign currencies based on current international exchange rates.
- Fixed an issue causing poor rendering performance, especially for SLI/Crossfire users.
- Fixed M4A4 loadout selection not saving correctly between sessions.
- Fixed competitive round backups restoring M4A1-S as M4A4 and USP-S as P2000.
- Fixed observers seeing smoke screen overlay when a smoke grenade popped on their last alive position.
- Fixed bomb activate/plant/defuse sounds not playing if the bomb was out of view
- Fixed Payback Coin description incorrectly displaying the number of hours logged in game.
- Fixed missing localization for Payback map maker Coins.
- Fixed an empty item panel sometimes showing on the scoreboard.
- Fixed Elite world model physics.
- Added flipping sound to inspecting the Desert Eagle.
The patch is already live on Steam and weighs in at around 62MB.