Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has just received a brand new update on the PC platform via Steam, which changes all sorts of things, from randomizing spawn points every round to adding a special Server Report function.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive came out last year and has since entertained a lot of fans of the long-running franchise by delivering a great multiplayer shooter experience.
Since its initial release in August, Valve and developer Hidden Path Entertainment, have released a lot of patches for the game, particularly for the PC version on Steam.
Now, a brand new update has just been released on the digital distribution service, which fixes all sorts of glitches, while adding new options, like a Server Report one, and new mechanics, like one that randomizes the spawn points every round.
Check out the full list of changes included in the new patch for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive below, via Steam:
- Added Server Report panel. Player can use this panel to report server for things such as inappropriate content and bad performance etc.. This menu is accessible from the Pause Menu.
- Improved competitive matchmaking algorithm to further reduce wait times.
- Fixed 'rebuy previous' not working after the first round of rebuying.
- Spawn points are now randomized every round.
- Whitelisted con_filter convars for debugging.
- Fixed damage taken and given not being fully reset in modes that aren't round-based.
- Changing mp_warmuptime takes effect immediately.
- Added concommands mp_warmup_start and mp_warmup_end, which restart and early terminate warmup, respectively.
- Fixed exploit where cl_interp restrictions could be bypassed.
- Alias command no longer allows aliasing over existing convars and concommands.
- Fixed rare case of maps not matching requested game mode on dedicated servers
- The client-side headshot feedback sound no longer plays for the local client when damaging another player in the head with a grenade explosion or when shooting them in the head through another surface (penetration)
- Slightly reduced the client-side headshot feedback sound volume
- Fixed nameplate flicker in free cam mode during demo playback.
- Fixed wall penetration on Linux dedicated servers
- Fixed exploit where grenade projectiles were used to boost teammates.
- Fixed a very rare server crash when firing a weapon.
- Improved the error message shown when finding a game fails to locate an acceptable dedicated game server formerly reported as DS.
- Improved memory management on servers with GOTV enabled.
- Changed holiday cheer level to match CS1.6.
The new update is already live, so start up your Steam client to download it.