Valve has just posted a brand new update for its recently released Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on the PC platform, via Steam, which not only solves various glitches and bugs but it also brings some holiday cheer to the game, as you can see in the screenshot attached to this article.Counter-Strike: Global Offensive came out in August, but Valve and developer Hidden Path Entertainment have kept on supporting the game with a variety of great patches that not only solved glitches reported by users and kept nefarious individuals from using exploits, but also added lots of features.
Now, a brand new patch has been released earlier this week, which once again fixes plenty of issues and glitches.
Besides these regular things, the update for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive also adds a bit of holiday cheer, which is apparent when taking a screenshot, as it adds all sorts of extra effects.
Check out the full list of things included in the new patch for Global Offensive below, via Steam.
* Added the ability to commend and report players from the player details view that can be accessed in the scoreboard.
* Number of competitive wins, and unique commendations are now shown in the main menu along with skill group.
* Competitive scoreboard will show number of competitive wins needed to display your skill group if you have not displayed it yet.
* Fixed movement on ladders ignoring the walk button. Now climbing ladders while holding walk is slow and silent, which fixes previous exploit of being able to climb ladders at fullspeed without making sound.
* Fixed failure to fire after weapon switching away from a reload and back (fake-reloading).
* Whitelisted tv_password convar to set GOTV password.
* Reduced fps in main menu when not connected to a server from 300 fps to 120 fps to help with laptops and desktop video cards doing excessive work. Exposed fps_max_menu convar to control fps in main menu.
* Added one more minute of grace period for players to reconnect to their competitive match before a cooldown for failing to reconnect is assigned. Cooldown for failing to reconnect is now assigned after player has remained disconnected for at least 4 minutes, not counting the round of disconnection and not counting the round in which 4 minutes grace period elapses.
* Fixed Hammer crash on exit.
* Added some holiday cheer.
The update will be automatically downloaded the next time you start up the game.