The folks at TouchType have just released a new beta version of the popular SwiftKey X keyboard application for Android devices
Labeled SwiftKey X version 184.108.40.206, it brings a plethora of new features, as well as prediction and personalization improvements.
SwiftKey X is built on the success of the popular SwiftKey
keyboard and offers cloud personalization, a new prediction engine and a host of new UI improvements.
With the new beta release, users will be able to personalize their typing experience with data from their Facebook, Twitter and Gmail accounts, as well as their sent SMS messages.
According to the developers, the application has been finely tuned to various typing styles, so that it can easily match the way a person uses his/her phone. This leads to an increased efficiency and makes typing messages a breeze.
Furthermore, SwiftKey X is specifically designed to dynamically adapt the touch-sensitive area of its keys, based on the user's actual touchscreen input actions.
The result is the ability of the application to make predictions that are based not just on the words the user tends to use, but also on the way he types.
The complete change log of the SwiftKey X beta
version 220.127.116.11 is detailed below:
- Next generation Fluency inference engine;
- Personalization from Facebook, Gmail, Twitter;
- Machine learning based adaptive interaction modelling framework;
- Advanced language detection;
- Redesigned installer process;
- Redesigned settings menu;
- SwiftKey shortcut launcher on keyboard;
- New typing styles framework;
- New robust text handling framework;
- Keyboard theme framework;
- Improved response times;
- Improved battery usage;
- Navigation keys;
- New line key always available (via long press on smiley button);
- Redesigned Language Module download service;
- Enhanced typo and spelling correction;
- Select primary prediction on punctuation;
- Improved email address entry;
- Accented characters now populated dynamically;
- Remove any word from predictions, not just learned words;
- New dark theme;
- Numerous bug fixes and general improvements
SwiftKey X beta is now available as a free download via Android Market
and is compatible with all devices running Android OS 2.1 or newer.