Wireshark, one of the foremost network protocol analyzers offering users the means to capture and interactively browse the traffic running on a computer network, is now at version 1.8.5.The current version of Wireshark, 1.8.5, supersedes all previous releases, including all releases of Ethereal.
Highlights of Wireshark 1.8.5:
• Infinite and large loops have been fixed in the Bluetooth HCI, CSN.1, DCP-ETSI DOCSIS CM-STAUS, IEEE 802.3 Slow Protocols, MPLS, R3, RTPS, SDP, and SIP dissector;
• A possible CLNP dissector crash has been fixed;
• The DCP-ETSI dissector could have corrupted the memory. This problem was fixed;
• Wireshark no longer crashes when starting due to out-of-date plugin left behind from earlier installation;
• Some Information Elements in GTPv2 are now dissected correctly.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download Wireshark 1.8.5 right now from Softpedia.