NetBSD, a free, fast, secure, and highly portable UNIX-like open source OS available for a wide range of platforms, from large-scale servers and desktop systems to handheld and embedded devices, is now at version 6.0 RC2.Highlights of NetBSD 6.0 RC2:
• The vax port shared library issue has been fixed, making vax bootable again;
• ntpd(8) broadcast transmission has been fixed;
• i486 support has been fixed in the i386 port;
• Interrupt issues on some PowerPC machines have been repaired;
• X.org display on a Xen amd64 DOM0 has been repaired;
• A few issues with FFS extended attributes have been repaired;
• Support for Intel I350 Ethernet to the wm(4) driver has been added.
A complete list of the changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download NetBSD 6.0 RC2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.