Nautilus 3.6 RC Improves Performance and Stability
A number of bug fixes and other important changes have been added
The GNOME developers behind the Nautilus project (now known as Files) announced earlier today, 18th September, that the RC release of the upcoming Nautilus 3.6 is now available for download and testing.Nautilus 3.6 RC is a development release, which brings many interesting and noteworthy features and improvements, such as:
· A Shell search results provider has been added;
· A NautilusDirectory-based search engine implementation for network has been added;
· Performance and stability of the search engine has been improved;
· Change The Type column has been changed to only show basic type information;
· View selection when exiting search has been preserved;
· A symbolic icon for the location entry has been used;
· Wrong order of files when searching in canvas view has been fixed;
· The inability to drop on current directory in list view has been repaired.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official changelog.
Download Nautilus 3.6 RC sources right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.