Softpedia has been informed this morning, February 27th, by Fabio Colinelli that the fabulous MyUnity Unity configuration utility for the Ubuntu platform reached version 3.0, supporting desktop themes and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin).Looks like the Italian developer worked very hard on the new version of MyUnity, completely redesigned its interface and brining built-in support for the upcoming Precise Pangolin release.
MyUnity 3.0 presents itself with an amazingly designed user interface, offering easy-to-use navigation through the main categories.
MyUnity 3.0 allows users to modify various settings of the Unity interface, including the Launcher, Dash, Panel, font, desktop and now it also supports themes.
Highlights of MyUnity 3.0:
· Change Unity Launcher color;
· Change Unity Launcher transparency;
· Change Unity Launcher size;
· Change Unity Launcher backlight;
· Change Unity Launcher display mode;
· Change Unity Launcher behavior;
· Show mounted devices on the Unity Launcher;
· Display available and recent apps in Unity Dash;
· Change Unity Dash blur;
· Change Unity Dash size;
· Change Unity Panel transparency;
· Show Home icon on desktop;
· Show Networking icon on desktop;
· Show Devices icon on desktop;
· Show Trash icon on desktop;
· Activate "Show Desktop" icon on Unity Launcher;
· Setup icons on Panel Menus;
· Setup Windows animations;
· Setup the number of desktops;
· Change the window title font;
· Change the document font;
· Change the desktop font;
· Change the system font;
· Change the monospace font;
· Change font hinting;
· Change font antialiasing;
· Change the system theme;
· Change the system icons.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:myunity/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install myunity
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin) users can easily install MyUnity 3.0 from the Ubuntu Software Center.
Download the MyUnity 3.0 sources and Ubuntu packages right now from Softpedia.