Mplayer 1.1, a movie player running on many systems and playing most file formats, including H.264 movies, has been released.
As everyone must know by now, Mplayer 1.0 has been in development for quite some time, as this was supposed to be the next stable release, but the developers have decided to skip it and move straight to version 1.1.
Highlights of Mplayer 1.1:
· FFmpeg AAC decoder is preferred over libfaad2;
· Support for binary Quicktime codecs with -demuxer lavf has been added;
· Experimental support for OpenGL ES 1.0 has been added;
· UTF-8 support was added;
· All skin messages are now available as slave commands;
· Numerous fixes, improvements and updates have been added.
A complete list of changes and new features can be found in the official announcement
Download Mplayer 1.1
right now from Softpedia.
Follow us on Google+