Mobile phone maker Motorola Mobility and wireless services provider Sprint have just made available for download a new software update for the high-end Motorola PHOTON 4G.
The new firmware upgrade will not change the operating system version on the mobile phone, but there are a nice range of enhancements that users will take advantage of.
“A software update for PHOTON 4G by Motorola is now available. The software update (Version.4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6) 45.3.6.MB855.Sprint.en.US should be installed for peak performance,” Motorola announced.
One of the most important enhancements that the new software arrives on Motorola PHOTON 4G with is the Google Talk with video calling.
However, this is not all. The software update also brings along support for Motorola's Lapdock accessory, as well as improvements for the handset's audio quality and the like.
The complete release notes for the new software update include:
- Support for Google Talk with video chat
- Addition of Lapdock accessory support, featuring Motorola's exclusive webtop application
- Forwarded messages are properly identified as forwarded once complete
- Improved audio quality with car speakers when connected to a car charger and audio
- Enhancements to image appearance when pictures are taken in the camera Panorama Mode
- Introduction of international roaming 3G UMTS hotspot functionality for a single Wi-Fi enabled device.
Users will be notified on the availability of the new software update, and they will be able to download it via any WiFi connection, or through Sprint's 3G network.
At the same time, users are able to manually search for the new software update, so as to make sure that they receive it even if the notification was not sent to them.
For that, they will need to go to Settings on their handsets, hit About phone, and them select System updates. If the update is available, they will be prompted to download it.
As soon as the download is completed, users should hit install. The phone will restart as soon as the installation process has been completed.