Miley Cyrus channeled her inner chola with her outfit at the 2010 MuchMusic Video Awards the other night, rocking large gold earrings and a headscarf tied on one side. During her live performance of “Party in the USA,” the Disney darling also had a major surprise for audiences: a special appearance from Justin Bieber, as the Huffington Post can confirm.
Sadly, Bieber’s appearance on stage did not result in a duet with the hottest and undoubtedly the most talked about female performer at the moment, though that would have certainly been fun. Although he only strolled on stage on his bicycle and was “unmasked” by Miley as part of the dance routine, this was more than enough to send the screaming crowd of (mostly female) fans into a frenzy. One can only imagine what would have happened if he’d also sung with Miley.
“Miley Cyrus proved she does sing live with her rendition of ‘Party in the USA’ at Canada’s MuchMusic Video Awards Sunday night. With a bandanna around her head Bret Michaels-style and a skimpy black outfit, Cyrus performed an occasionally off-key version of the song. Tween bonus – Justin Bieber rode his bicycle out halfway through the song,” the Post says of the surprise appearance, which you too can check out in the video below.
Miley also won International Video of the Year for the same song, while Bieber was undoubtedly the biggest winner of the night. He got to take home awards for International Video by a Canadian, UR FAVE Video and UR FAVE New Artist. After the ceremony, which turned out to be very full of surprises for the young singer, The Biebs took to his Twitter to thank fans for making this happen. “2nite is 1 of those nights i will never forget. Thank u to every fan who ever cared or supported or listened to a song. U did this. Thank u. Just kinda in shock. Feels really good. And to be able to share it with my family and my friends... there is nothing better,” he wrote.
Below is the complete list of winners and, at the end of it, you will find embedded a video with Miley’s performance of “Party in the USA” and Bieber’s special appearance halfway through the song.
- Video of the Year: Hedley – “Perfect”
- Pop Video of the Year: Hedley – “Cha-Ching”
- International Video of the Year – Artist: Miley Cyrus – “Party in the U.S.A.”
- International Video by a Canadian: Justin Bieber ft. Ludacris – “Baby”
- International Video – Group: Jonas Brothers – “Paranoid”
- Cinematography of the Year: Drake and Trey Songz – “Successful”
- Most Watched Video: Young Artists for Haiti – “Waving Flag”
- MuchLOUD Rock Video of the Year: Billy Talent – “Devil On My Shoulder”
- MuchVIBE Hip Hop Video of the Year: Drake and Trey Songz – “Successful”
- MuchFACT Indie Video of the Year: Belly ft. Snoop Dogg – “Hot Girl”
- Director of the Year: Michael Maxxis – Billy Talent’s “Saint Veronika”
- Post-Production of the Year: Hedley – “Perfect”
- UR FAVE Video: Justin Bieber ft. Ludacris – “Baby”
- UR FAVE International Video: Adam Lambert – “Whataya Want From Me”
- UR FAVE New Artist: Justin Bieber ft. Ludacris – “Baby”