Mesa 9.0.3 Improves Performance for Quake 4, 0 A.D, and Planeshift
This latest version fixes problems for quite a few games
Mesa, an open-source implementation of the OpenGL specification and a system for rendering interactive 3D graphics, is now at version 9.0.3.The biggest improvement brought by Mesa 9.x is the introduction of OpenGL 3.1 API. Nonetheless, glGetString(GL_VERSION) or glGetIntegerv(GL_MAJOR_VERSION) / glGetIntegerv(GL_MINOR_VERSION) will report different versions, depending on the driver used.
Highlights of Mesa 9.0.3:
• Pink artifacts on objects in the distance in ETQW/Quake 4, have been corrected;
• Graphics is no longer glitchy and always flickering;
• Graphical glitches in 0 A.D have been corrected;
• Oglc vertexshader(advanced.TestLightsTwoSided) no longer causes a GPU hung;
• Planeshift grass is now displayed correctly;
• The driver now checks for python libxml2;
• A glsl-max-varyings regression has been corrected.
A complete list of updates and changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download Mesa 9.0.3 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW