Mesa, an open-source implementation of the OpenGL specification and a system for rendering interactive 3D graphics, is now at version 9.0.2.The biggest improvement brought by Mesa 9.x is the introduction of OpenGL 3.1 API. Nonetheless, glGetString(GL_VERSION) or glGetIntegerv(GL_MAJOR_VERSION) / glGetIntegerv(GL_MINOR_VERSION) will report different versions, depending on the driver used.
Highlights of Mesa 9.0.2:
• [KMS] mesa demo spectex is no longer broken on rv280;
• Bad shading in NWN, since the Mesa rewrite, has been repaired;
• A memory leak with glPopAttrib, which occurred only on Intel GM45, has been repaired;
• EGL sets error to EGL_SUCCESS when DRI driver fails to create context;
• A webgl conformance shader-with-non-reserved-words crash has been repaired;
• Culling is no longer broken when rendering to an FBO.
A complete list of updates and changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download Mesa 9.0.2 right now from Softpedia.