This release includes 5 features, 6 bug fixes and 9 updated translations
The Meld developers announced the immediate availability for download and testing of the 1.7.1 version of Meld, a visual merge and diff utility targeted at developers.Meld 1.7.1 has been released a few days ago and it features many fixes and improvements over previous versions, including better support for Python 3 and a revamped user interface for launching new comparisons.
Highlights of Meld 1.7.1:
• Extra information, such as modification times and file size, will be displayed when comparing folders (the column ordering and visibility are properly configurable);
• Folder comparisons now support shallow comparison, based on timestamp and size, including timestamp resolution preferences for cross-filesystem comparisons;
• Revamped the user interface for launching new comparisons, in order to have a clear workflow (it appears on startup if no other comparisons are opened);
• Added support for recently-used comparisons, allowing users to re-open recent comparisons directly;
• Read-only files are no longer editable by default, which makes merge actions more consistent and clearer (users will be able to set individual read-only files as editable);
• Added a new version control API, which is used by Subversion and Git;
• Fixed and improved the version control compatibility;
• Made the command-line labeling options compatible with folder tabs;
• Fixed parallel inline highlighting calculations issues;
• Cleaned up the diff algorithm;
• Improved compatibility with Python 3 (Meld is not fully compatible with Python 3 yet).
Last but not least, the following translations have been updated in Meld 1.7.1: Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Serbian, Serbian Latin, Polish, Slovak, Czech and Galician.
More details about this release of Meld can be seen in the official raw changelog.
Download Meld 1.7.1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.