BioWare has released its weekly balance update for the multiplayer mode in Mass Effect 3, bringing quite a few changes, including a drastic drop in performance (nerf) for the Krysae Sniper Rifle, a favorite of players who use Infiltrator characters.
Mass Effect 3’s multiplayer mode has been a huge success, as BioWare managed to successfully introduce the online experience into the Mass Effect franchise, which consisted, up until that point, of complex single-player experiences.
In order to keep the online action as fair as possible, the studio has continuously released updates
that addressed various balancing issues, improving certain weapons or powers, while decreasing the effectiveness of others.
This week’s update brings sad news for fans of the Krysae Sniper Rifle, which sees a drop in its stats across the board.
The update also decreases the power of the new N7 Typhoon assault rifle, while changing the rate of fire of the Cobra Missile Launcher, and fixes plenty of bugs.
Krysae Sniper Rifle
- Damage decreased from [476.0-595.0] to [429.0-548.0]
- Rate of fire decreased from  to 
- Recoil Increased from [5.0] to [10.0]
- Zoom Recoil Increased from [3.0] to [5.0]
- Total ammo dropped from [9-21] to [9-18]
- Distance Penetration decreased from 100cm to 25cm
Cobra Missile Launcher
- Rate of fire decreased from 140 to 50
- Charge up behavior disabled to fix rocket glitch
- Fix for some uncommon gear not showing up in Spectre + Spectre Premium packs
- Increased XP bonus for common characters in Spectre + Spectre Premium from 62.5k to 250k XP
- Enemies in Gold and Platinum will stomp downed players now
You can expect to see quite a few big balancing updates in the upcoming weeks, as BioWare is now going to examine the performance of the new human characters introduced by the latest Earth DLC for Mass Effect 3.