BioWare has just posted its weekly balance update for the multiplayer mode in Mass Effect 3, this time reducing the power (nerfing) of things like the Typhoon assault rifle or the Smash power, while increasing the damage of others weapons, like the Indra sniper or the Prothean Particle Beam rifle, not to mention powers like Pull, Carnage, or Incinerate.
Mass Effect 3 fans were upset to hear last week that one of the most impressive weapons in the multiplayer mode, the Krysae Sniper Rifle, was severely nerfed by the latest balance update.
Now, BioWare has turned its gaze towards other weapons and powers, including the Typhoon Assault Rifle from the Mass Effect 3: Earth DLC, which saw its damage multiplier decrease, as well as the Smash power wielded by the two Phoenix characters, the Adept and Vanguard.
The update doesn’t consist of just nerfs, however, as certain improvements have also been made, to weapons like the Indra sniper, Particle Beam rifle, or powers like Pull, Carnage, or Incinerate.
What’s more, the dreaded “shield gating” mechanic has been reduced, so check out the things modified by the update below.
N7 Typhoon Assault Rifle
- Damage multiplier when fully ramped up decreased from [2.0x] to [1.5x]
N7 Indra Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [62.6-78.2] to [72.6-92.2]
Prothean Particle Beam Assault Rifle
- Damage increased from [17.2-21.4] to [19.2-25.8]
- Base cooldown increased from 5 to 8 seconds
Devastator Mode Power
- Base rate of fire bonus decreased from 15% to 10%
- Base damage increased from 300 to 330
- Base damage increased from 315 to 350
- Impact damage for all kits with pull is now 100 to match Asari Justicar
- Rank 3 duration bonus increased from 40% to 50%
- Evolve 1 duration bonus increased from 50% to 100%
- Evolve 2 radius bonus increased from 2m to 2.5m
- Evolve 3 lifted damage per second increased from 20 to 75
- Evolve 4 extra damage done to targets increased from 25% to 30%
- Evolve 5 biotic combo damage bonus increased from 50% to 75%
- Evolve 6 recharge bonus increased from 60% to 150%
Gold and Platinum Difficulties
- Enemy shield/barrier damage gates on weapon damage reduced from 100% to 90%, which means 10% of the remaining weapon damage after impacting shields/barriers will pass through to health.
The update is already live, so take these changes into account the next time you engage in Mass Effect 3’s multiplayer mode.