Manjaro Lxde, a Linux distribution based on well-tested snapshots of the Arch Linux repositories and 100% compatible with Arch, is now at version 0.8.7.1.The Manjaro France Community has released an LXDE Respin of Manjaro Linux called Ascella. The distribution is based on the Linux kernel 3.10 series and comes with LXDE 0.5.5, Gimp 2.8.6, Midori 0.5.5, Pamac 0.7.5.2 and VLC 2.0.8a as media player.
“With this release the french community adds a nice styled install media in addition to all official released editions by Manjaro developers. This respin is based on the stable branch, can be used for daily bases and easily installed by graphical or text installers,” reads the official announcement from the French developers.
The developers are also providing a tool called ISOtoUSB, which is a graphical script to copy any Manjaro install media properly to your USB-Stick, and InstBrowser, another tool that allows users to install their favorite web browser with a simple interface.
Highlights of Manjaro Linux Lxde 0.8.7.1 "Ascella”:
• Xorg 1.14.2 has been included in the distribution;
• Midori 0.5.5 has been chosen as the default browser, but a few others are available in the official repositories;
• There is no official email client installed, but a number of themes can be downloaded from the official repositories;
• VLC 2.0.8a has been chosen as the default media player;
• Pamac 0.7.5.2 is the default Package Manager for Manjaro Lxde;
• A Minimalistic LXDE 0.5.5 desktop has been implemented;
• The LXDE Display Manager 0.4.1 has been implemented;
• The Manjaro Settings Manager 0.1.2 has been added;
• The latest free and proprietary drivers (only x86_64) have been integrated.
Manjaro is a user-friendly Linux distribution based on the independently developed Arch operating system and it is known for being extremely customizable.
More details about this release can be found in the official announcement. Download Manjaro Lxde 0.8.7.1 “Ascella” right now from Softpedia.