The latest version of the Manjaro distro can be downloaded from Softpedia
Manjaro, a Linux Distribution based on the OpenBox desktop environment and the well-tested snapshots of the Arch Linux repositories (100% compatible with Arch), is now at version 0.8.3.Manjaro comes in different flavors, but this is a new release. Unlike other editions that arrived at version 0.8.3 gradually, Openbox was released directly as a stable version.
According to the developers, the heart of the desktop is Synapse, a tool that is comparable to a typical menu search bar, but which is in fact a very powerful and versatile application that boasts a wide range of useful features, particularly due to the optional plugins available.
Synapse can also remember previous searches to provide the right results instantly, even with just a single key stroke.
The distribution also includes Application Finder, and applications usually found in the XFCE desktop environment. It was included in order to enable users to search for and browse installed applications in a more traditional manner.
Highlights of Manjaro Linux 0.8.3 OpenBox;
• Locating and launching applications is faster with Synapse than with menus;
• Accessing specific file types such as documents, pictures, and movies is now easier;
• Directly controlling applications such as XNoise and Banshee is now possible;
• Custom user-friendly configuration menu to easily tweak every aspect of the environment has been added;
• An optional pre-configured launcher has been added;
• Custom short-cut keys to instantly launch core applications and options have been implemented;
• Custom Tint2 Panel (with built-in calendar) and workspace switcher has been added;
• Thunar – the default file manager – has all the extra features usually found in XFCE;
• The distribution is designed to equally suit users who focus on the keyboard or mouse;
A complete list of new features for the new flavor can be found in the official announcement.
Download Manjaro Linux 0.8.3 OpenBox right now from Softpedia