Manjaro, a Linux distribution based on well-tested snapshots of the Arch Linux repositories and 100% compatible with Arch, is now at version 0.8.7 and it's available for download.The developers have gone through a few release candidates and the final version (Net, OpenBox, Xfce) is finally here.
“A special ‘thank you’ goes to Arnt who joined our team. His work, Octopi 0.2.0, gets introduces with the Openbox edition. This new front-end for pacman makes it really simple to keep your boxes up-to-date. With the additional support for Yaourt the whole AUR repository extends the official Manjaro repositories.”
“With a new welcome screen we ease up the introduction to Manjaro Linux. Important information and links to our forum, wiki and documentation plus buttons to start our graphical and text installers give you an amazing entry to this distro,” reads the official announcement.
Highlights of Manjaro 0.8.7:• The Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.4.59 LTS;
• Xorg has been updated to version 1.14.2;
• Mozilla Firefox 22.0.1 is now used as the default Internet browser;
• Mozilla Thunderbird 17.0.8 (Xfce only) is now the default email client;
• The developers have chosen the VLC 2.0.8a media player as the default solution;
• The Package Manager used in Manjaro 0.8.7 are Pamac 0.7.5.2 for Xfce and Octopi 0.2.0 for Openbox;
• The Whisker Menu 1.1.1 has been added for Xfce;
• The Mint Display Manager has been updated to version 1.3.1;
• The Manjaro Settings Manager has been updated to version 0.1.2;
• The Xfce desktop has been updated to version 4.10;
• Minimalistic Openbox 3.5.0 Desktop has been implemented;
• PA-mixer has replaced the old pn-mixer and volumeicon;
• The pulseaudio support has been improved;
• Latest free and proprietary drivers have been implemented.
More details about this release can be found in the official announcement. Download Manjaro 0.8.7 right now from Softpedia.