Manjaro 0.8.4 XFCE, Cinnamon, Openbox, and Net-Edition Distros Officially Released
All the flavours of Manjaro can be downloaded from Softpedia
Manjaro, a Linux Distribution based on well-tested snapshots of the Arch Linux repositories and 100% compatible with Arch, is now at version 0.8.4.Users of Manjaro 0.8.4 will find that, besides the new look that has been adopted for this fresh release, the biggest change is the introduction of Pamac, a new file manager developed in-house by the Manjaro Team.
“By replacing the Kalu, Pacman-GUI, and Package Browser applications, Pamac makes it faster and easier than ever before to update the system, search for, and install software…all of which can now be undertaken at the same time in only a single application,” states the official announcement.
As usual, there are multiple flavors available and their size vary quite a lot:
• XFCE: 32-bit: 965MB / 64-bit: 1.1GB
• Cinnamon: 32-bit: 1.3GB / 64-bit: 1.4GB
• Openbox: 32-bit: 697MB / 64-bit: 880MB
• Net-Edition: 32-bit: 452MB / 64-bit: 581MB.
As you can see, there is no KDE version, but the developers have promised to release it in the near future as a Community Edition, alongside with the more recent MATE and LXDE counterparts.
The Community Editions are quite different and they are not subject to the same release schedule, not to mention they have newer applications.
Highlights of Manjaro 0.8.4:
• New-look desktop environments have been implemented;
• Pamac has replaced Kalu, Pacman-Gui and the Package Browser;
• A user-friendly LXDM configuration application – developed by the Manjaro Team – has been provided to easily customize the login screen and to ensure that users can login automatically;
• A graphical boot screen has been introduced for the installation media;
• The default kernel has been upgraded to 3.7 from 3.4 (with improved flash support);
• Special PDF quick-guides have been provided for each official desktop environment;
• Support for installation via USB sticks has been improved.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Manjaro 0.8.4 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW