Manjaro 0.8.2, a Linux Distribution based on well-tested snapshots of the Arch Linux repositories and 100% compatible with Arch, is now available in the LXDE flavor.Manjaro 0.8.2 was released a week ago, but due to popular demand, the developer has put forward a new version based on LXDE.
It has the same look and functionality as the default XFCE edition, but it does have a few differences. First of all, the distribution has better EFI-support through rEFInd. Secondly, the support for Steam gaming is also present with quite a few improvements.
[admark=1]Manjaro 0.8.2 LXDE also comes with automatic desktop notifications for new system updates, and with a user-friendly graphical interface to easily manage and maintain the system, developed exclusively for this distribution.
Highlights of Manjaro 0.8.2 LXDE:
• The default kernel series has been changed to 3.4 LTS for better upstream support;
• LXDE has been updated to version 0.5.5;
• Gnome Package Kit has been replaced with the Kalu upgrade notifier;
• A user-friendly interface for pacman (the pacman-gui) has been added, exclusively for Manjaro;
• An installation guide for beginners has been added;
• The CLI installer has been enhanced with additional language support, optional network configuration, hard disk encryption, and several bug fixes;
• A 'Testing Installer' option has been added with support for new advanced features including btrfs, nilfs, luks, lvn, gpt, efi, and software-raid;
• Plymouth and its related bugs have been removed;
• Numerous bug fixes have been made, including the Resume/hibernate bugs affecting laptops.
Users can also take advantage of support for new features, including the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI), B-Tree File System (btrfs), and Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) storage system.
Check out the official announcement and the article about Manjaro 0.8.2 XFCE for a complete list of updates and new features.
Download Manjaro 0.8.2 LXDE right now from Softpedia.