Manjaro, a Linux Distribution based on well-tested snapshots of the Arch Linux repositories and 100% compatible with Arch, is now at version 0.8.2.
After several development versions, the final version of Manjaro 0.8.2 has arrived, sporting an assortment of various new features.
One of the most interesting features added to Manjaro is the support for Steam on Linux, through the official repositories of the OS. This is the first distribution, outside of Ubuntu, to fully support the new client from Steam.
The developers also implemented an automatic notification for system updates and a new graphical interface that can be used to manage and maintain the system.
Highlights of Manjaro 0.8.2:
• Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) is now supported;
• The B-Tree File System ( btrfs) is now officially supported;
• Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) storage system has been implemented;
• The default kernel series has been changed to 3.4-longterm for better upstream support, and the previous kernel in the 3.5 branch has been dropped;
• The Gnome Package Kit has been replaced with the Kalu upgrade notifier, and – exclusively for Manjaro – a user-friendly interface for pacman (the pacman-gui);
• Each flavor of Manjaro now provides an installation guide for beginners;
• The CLI installer has been enhanced with additional language support, optional network configuration, hard disk encryption, and several bug fixes;
• A 'Testing Installer' option has been added with support for new advanced features including btrfs, nilfs, luks, lvn, gpt, efi, and software-raid;
• Plymouth has been removed;
• Numerous bug fixes have been made, including the Resume/hibernate bugs affecting laptops (XFCE desktop).
The Manjaro distribution is available for both the 32-bit and 64-bit architecture and has three desktop environment pre-installed, XFCE 4.10, KDE 4.9.2, and Gnome 3.4.2 / Cinnamon 1.6.4.
The repositories also hold Openbox and Razor-QT as alternatives. A minimalist Net-Edition is also available without a pre-installed display manager, desktop environment, or software applications.
Download Manjaro 0.8.2 right now from Softpedia.