Blizzard Entertainment has announced plans to ship the third expansion to World of Warcraft, its massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) for Windows PC and Mac OS X. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm was unveiled at the company’s fourth BlizzCon gaming festival. WoW: Cataclysm changes Azeroth from the ground up, with the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing awakened.
“In addition to revitalizing some of the most familiar and iconic areas of the game world, this third World of Warcraft expansion will add new features and a large amount of new content for players to explore,” Mike Morhaime, CEO and co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment, said. “We’re excited to be offering a first glimpse of Cataclysm for attendees of BlizzCon, and we look forward to sharing more information with everyone as development progresses.”
According to Blizzard Entertainment, Cataclysm builds on the foundation established in World of Warcraft and its first two expansions, adding its own exciting content. Players are said to experience the game from a whole new perspective. The developer lists the following new features for WoW: Cataclysm. • Two New Playable Races: Adventure as the cursed worgen with the Alliance or the resourceful goblins with the Horde.
• Increased Level Cap: Advance to level 85 and earn new abilities, tap into new talents, and progress through the path system, a new way for players to customize characters.
• Classic Zones Remade: Quest to level 60 as you never have before. Familiar zones across the original continents of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms have been reforged by the cataclysm and updated with new quests and content.
• Flying Mounts in Azeroth: Explore Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms from a whole new perspective.
• Guild Advancement: Progress as a guild to earn guild levels and guild achievements.
• New High-Level Content: Explore newly opened parts of the world, including Uldum, Grim Batol, and the great sunken city of Vashj'ir beneath the sea, and enjoy even more high-level raid content than in previous expansions.
• New PvP Zone & Rated Battlegrounds: Take on PvP objectives and daily quests on Tol Barad Island, a new Wintergrasp-like zone, and wage war in all-new rated Battlegrounds.
• Archaeology: Master a new secondary profession to unearth valuable artifacts and earn unique rewards.
• New Race and Class Combinations: Explore Azeroth as a gnome priest, blood elf warrior, or one of the other never-before-available race and class combinations.
Learn more about World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm at the official World of Warcraft website