Linux Kernel 3.12.10 Officially Released
A new stable version for this branch of the Linux kernel is now available for download
The latest version of the stable Linux kernel 3.12.10 has been announced by Greg Kroah-Hartman, marking another update for this branch.The latest build of this kernel is not a major update, but this remains one of the most advanced iterations available. It's not known what the final duration of the support for this particular branch will be, but for now it features a large number of changes and improvements.
“I'm announcing the release of the 3.12.10 kernel. All users of the 3.12 kernel series must upgrade.”
“The updated 3.12.y git tree can be found at: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git linux-3.12.y and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;a=summary,” Greg Kroah-Hartman said in the email announcement.
Highlights of Linux kernel 3.12.10:
• The ALSA silent output on MacBook Air 1.1 has been fixed;
• A crash when dereferencing NULL pointer has been fixed (staging/lustre/ptlrpc);
• A missing endian conversion for fw_tsf has been added (mwifiex);
• A network portal creation race has been fixed (target/iscsi);
• An infinite loop is now avoided when sg urb requires too many trbs (xhci);
• The wrong 11ac bits setting in fw_cap_info has been fixed (mwifiex);
• Duplicate entries with the same destination-IP are now avoided (tcp);
• CS5 quirk for broken smartcard readers has been added (USB);
• An off-by-one bug in EFI Boot Services reservation has been fixed (x86/efi);
• Missing cleanup in .start() error path has been fixed;
• Support to get the ID and the revision of a SoC has been added (ARM).
If you are using any of the versions released until now in the Linux kernel 3.12.x branch, you should consider an update to this build, or you can even update to the latest one, 3.13.
A complete list of commits in this branch of the kernel can be found in the official announcement. Download Linux kernel 3.12.10 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW