Users can find the latest version of Linux Mint Xfce on Softpedia
Linux Mint “Nadia” Xfce, a lightweight desktop environment which aims to be fast and low on system resources, while still being visually appealing and user-friendly, is now at version 14 RC.The Xfce edition of Linux Mint shares the same codename with its Gnome and KDE brothers, but there are some differences between the three versions.
As the name suggests, Linux Mint “Nadia” Xfce 14 RC is based on the latest Xfce 4.10 desktop and comes with numerous features.
Highlights of Linux Mint “Nadia” Xfce 14 RC:
• Online documentation has been added. This means that the normal packages were moved to an online wiki at docs.xfce.org;
• The application finder was rewritten and now it combines the functionality of the old appfinder and xfrun4, featuring quite a few interface improvements;
• The xfce4-panel now supports multiple rows, deskbar mode, actions plugin, a MIME type editor, single-click operation, automated background image cycling, and desktop thumbnail rendering;
• Popular applications such as Firefox, Thunderbird, LibreOffice, Gimp, Banshee, Pidgin and Xchat have been added;
• Thunar has become the default file manager;
• Xfce Terminal is the default terminal application;
• Xfburn is the default CD/DVD burner application;
• MDM now provides support for legacy GDM 2 themes. About 30 of them are installed by default in Linux Mint 14, but users can also find 2,000 more in gnome-look.org;
• User-switching is now improved. Users can still select Menu->System tools->New Login (or Menu->System tools->New Login in a Window if the user has xnest installed) but they can now also simply lock the screen and click the "Switch user..." button;
Besides these major features, it's worth mentioning that the Software Manager also received a few improvements and no longer uses aptdaemon, but a new apt client.
A complete list of new features can be found in the official announcement.
Download Linux Mint “Nadia” Xfce 14 RC right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.