Download the latest Linux kernel right now from Softpedia
Linus Torvalds announced the immediate availability for download of the forth released candidate for the Linux 3.7 kernel series.This new release candidate for the Linux kernel 3.7.x is a pretty small one, with just an nfs client update, a few minor arch updates, and driver updates.
“Rafael worried me for a while with what looked like a hard-to-debug regression report, but it turned out to be user-space breakage instead, so things are looking pretty stable,” Linus Torvalds said in the official announcement.
Linus Torvalds also acknowledged the ext4 bug patch that stirred the Linux community quite a bit in the last week.
“Perhaps notable just because of the noise it caused in certain circles, there's the ext4 bitmap journaling fix for the issue that caused such a ruckus. It's a tiny patch and despite all the noise about it you couldn't actually trigger the problem unless you were doing crazy things with special mount options,” ended Torvalds.
Highlights of Linux kernel 3.7 RC4:
• NFS: Wait for session recovery to finish before returning;
• Only kick out vesafb if we take over the fbcon with KMS;
• A potential wrapping issue for gpio-timberdale has been fixed;
• Stride issues scanning out stride != width*bpp, has been repaired;
• Missing linux/export.h #inclusions have been fixed;
• Compilation errors in rcar_thermal have been fixed;
• Support for the MacBook Pro 10.2 keyboard / touchpad has been added;
• FCoE for 57840 has been disabled since it's not yet supported by FW;
• mute-LED setup for HP dv5 laptop has been fixed;
• Xen specific TLB flush is now used instead of the generic one.
A complete list of changes and fixes can be found in the official mailing list.
Download Linux kernel 3.7 RC4 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it is intended for testing purposes only.