The latest kernel in the 3.7.x branch can be downloaded from Softpedia
On February 18, Greg Kroah-Hartman announced the immediate availability for download of the forth maintenance release for the stable Linux 3.7.x kernel series.Linux kernel 3.7.9 comes with quite a few patches, and an upgrade is recommended to all users of the previous versions, even if it’s just a maintenance release.
As the development powers on, the number of patches and updates for every branch gets small and smaller. This is just the case of the latest version of kernel from the 3.7.x branch which only integrates a handful of changes.
Linux kernel 3.7.9 only comes with a few small improvements, a couple of drivers, a filesystem update, and not much else. You can check out the complete list of changes on the official mailing list.
Highlights of Linux kernel 3.7.9:
• Don't overwrite mm->def_flags in do_mlockall();
• xfs_buf_find problem has been fixed on blocks beyond the filesystem end;
• An overflow has been avoided when programming the clock comparator;
• Don't assume %ds is usable in xen_iret for 32-bit PVOPS;
• Do not leak kernel page mapping locations;
• The ST variant functionality has been restored;
• Check if PUD is large when validating a kernel address;
• Clean up PME state when removing a device;
• EFI_RUNTIME_SERVICES has been cleaned rather than the EFI_BOOT by "noefi" boot parameter;
• A work around boot failure on HP ProLiant DL980 G7 Server systems has been implemented.
"I'm announcing the release of the 3.7.9 kernel. All users of the 3.7.x kernel series must upgrade."
"The updated 3.0.y git tree can be found at: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-0stable.git linux-3.0.y and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;a=summary," said Greg KH in the email announcement.
As usual, the Linux kernel 3.7.9 is a must-grab update for all Linux users who use the Linux 3.7.x kernel. Therefore, upgrade as soon as possible!
Download Linux kernel 3.7.9 right now from Softpedia.