Linux Kernel 3.7.10 Officially Released
The latest kernel in the 3.7.x branch can be downloaded from Softpedia
On February 27, Greg Kroah-Hartman announced the immediate availability for download of the fourth maintenance release for the stable Linux 3.7.x kernel series.Linux kernel 3.7.10 comes with quite a few patches, and an upgrade is recommended to all users of the previous versions, even if it’s just a maintenance release.
Just like the 3.7.9 version, this current maintenance release is just that and nothing more. Don't expect too much in terms of new features, just a lot of fixes and drivers. You can check out the complete list of changes on the official mailing list.
Highlights of Linux kernel 3.7.10:
• A default multichannel HDMI mapping regression has been corrected;
• Treat unregistered bus_types as having no devices;
• Get a block reservation before resizing a file;
• A workaround has been implemented for silent output on Sony Vaio VGC-LN51JGB with ALC889;
• The ordering between deferred_probe and exiting initcalls has been fixed;
• Broken mask checks have been removed because they were causing unmount to be EINVAL;
• URB control message setup_packet and data buffer are now allocated separately;
• Out-of-bounds access to sock_diag_handlers is now working properly;
• A divide by zero bug has been fixed in the fabric_max_sectors for unconfigured devices;
• The USB ID for T-Com Sinus 154 data II has been corrected;
• Ensure that we resend all pending blocking locks after a reclaim.
"I'm announcing the release of the 3.7.10 kernel. All users of the 3.7.x kernel series must upgrade."
"The updated 3.0.y git tree can be found at: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-0stable.git linux-3.0.y and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;a=summary," said Greg KH in the email announcement.
As usual, the Linux kernel 3.7.10 is a must-grab update for all Linux users who use the Linux 3.7.x kernel. Therefore, upgrade as soon as possible!
Download Linux kernel 3.7.10 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW