Linux Kernel 3.7.1 Is Available for Download, Has iPhone 5 Support
The latest kernel in the 3.7.x branch can be downloaded from Softpedia
On December 17, Greg Kroah-Hartman announced the immediate availability for download of the first maintenance release for the stable Linux 3.7.x kernel series.Linux kernel 3.7.1 has just a handful of changes. Unlike the first version in the series, this small release only features a few updates and fixes, probably because it was made available just a week before the holiday season.
Even so, there some pretty interesting updates being promoted in this release, including a few for new USB devices.
"I'm announcing the release of the 3.7.1 kernel. All users of the 3.7.x kernel series must upgrade."
"The updated 3.0.y git tree can be found at: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-0stable.git linux-3.0.y and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;a=summary," said Greg KH in the email announcement.
Highlights of Linux kernel 3.7.1:
• A workaround for an OHCI hardware bug has been implemented. The retired TDs have not been added to the Done Queue;
• An EHCI bugfix has been implemented (urb->hcpriv should not be NULL);
• The option to blacklist the network interface on Huawei E173 has been added;
• A power driver support for the AMD's family 16h processors has been added;
• A buffer overflow in ixj_write_cid() has been repaired;
• iPhone 5 support has been added;
• ftrace bits are now cleared properly in reset_iter_read();
• TIOCSSERIAL has been implemented to avoid blocking close(2);
• A batch-limit size problem has been fixed for rcu;
• The uas USB driver has been marked as broken in Linux 3.7.1;
• The correct battery capacity values are now shown correctly on Thinkpads;
• Sony Vaio VPCEB1S1E has been added to the nonvs blacklist;
• Asus UL30VT has been added to the ACPI video detect blacklist.
As usual, the Linux kernel 3.7.1 is a must-grab update for all Linux users who use the Linux 3.7.x kernel. Therefore, upgrade as soon as possible!
Download Linux kernel 3.7.1 right now from Softpedia.
Linux kernel logo
HOT RIGHT NOW