Greg Kroah-Hartman has announced the immediate availability for download of Linux kernel 3.4.73, which comes with a few changes and fixes.
The new maintenance version of the 3.4.x branch has been released and comes with fair number of changes and various improvements.
As usual, these point release versions of the Linux kernel don't bring anything major and are mostly comprised of driver updates and various fixes. This should not stop you from upgrading to the new build.
“I'm announcing the release of the 3.4.73 kernel. All users of the 3.4.x kernel series must upgrade.”
“The updated 3.10.y git tree can be found at: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git linux-3.4.y and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git,” Greg Kroah-Hartman said in the email announcement.
Highlights of Linux kernel 3.4.73:
• The “ip rule delete table 256” problem has been fixed (net);
• An unaligned access error fix has been implemented (connector);
• clamp ->msg_namelen instead of returning an error (net);
• strlcpy() is now used instead of strcpy() (isdnloop);
• The br's address entry has been flushed in fdb when removing the bridge dev;
• rt6_get_dflt_router is now used to get default router in rt6_route_rcv (ipv6);
• A possible seqlock deadlock has been fixed;
• The leakage of uninitialized memory to user in recv syscalls has been prevented;
• The recvmsg handler msg_name and msg_namelen logic have been reworked;
• addr_len/msg->msg_namelen assignment has been fixed in recv_error and rxpmtu functions;
• The uncompression of the traffic class field was incorrect (6lowpan);
• The interaction of VFIO_IOMMU_MAP_DMA with IOMMU address limits has been fixed;
• A bug of error handling in the MMC driver has been corrected.
Users of the Linux kernel 3.4.x branch are urged to update to the new version as soon as possible. More details about the changes in this branch of the kernel can be found in the official announcement. Download Linux Kernel 3.4.73 right now from Softpedia.