Greg Kroah-Hartman announced the immediate availability for download of Linux kernel 3.4.28 LTS (long-term support).Linux kernel 3.4.28 introduces a lot of various fixes, as well as driver improvements and improved Arch support.
Highlights of Linux kernel 3.4.28 LTS:
• Identifiers for ASM106x devices have been added;
• IRQ race during initialization has been fixed;
• Support for Enmotus Bobcat device has been added;
• ADMA memory sync direction correct flag has been repaired;
• NULL pointer issues have been fixed when cpuidle is disabled.
A complete list of changes and fixes can be found in the official mailing list.
“I'm announcing the release of the 3.4.28 kernel. All users of the 3.4 kernel series should upgrade or risk being turned into pumpkins.”
“The updated 3.4.y git tree can be found at: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git linux-3.4.y and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git,” said Greg Kroah-Hartman in the email announcement.
Users of the Linux kernel 3.4.x branch are urged to update to the new version as soon as possible.
Download Linux kernel 3.4.28 LTS right now from Softpedia.