Linux Kernel 3.4.25 LTS Released with Support for Apple Keyboard
Another stable branch of the Linux kernel is now available for download
Greg Kroah-Hartman announced the immediate availability for download of Linux kernel 3.4.25 LTS (long-term support).Linux kernel 3.4.25 introduces a lot of various fixes, as well as driver improvements, network fixes, and improved Arch support.
Highlights of Linux kernel 3.4.25 LTS:
• The way access filter has been disabled on Piledriver CPUs;
• Ricoh 0xe822 SD card reader base clock frequency has been reduced to 50MHz;
• Apple wireless keyboard 2011 ANSI has been added to the special driver list;
• Sequence_priviliged_ops has been added for nfs4_proc_sequence();
• USBIDs have been added for two more p54usb devices;
• A kmemleak in tcp_v4/6_syn_recv_sock and dccp_v4/6_request_recv_sock has been fixed;
• Missing lock nesting notation has been added;
• v4 reply caching has been repaired;
• iPhone 5 support has been added;
• The incorrect use of usb_alloc_coherent with usb_control_msg has been repaired;
• Support for VAIO VPCEH [0489:e027] has been added;
• Avoid permission checks on EXCLUSIVE_CREATE replay;
• Do not use dummy HID for system bus ACPI nodes;
• Bonding driver does not consider the gso_max_size/gso_max_segs setting of slave devices;
• Avoid autopm calls after disconnection;
• Remove incorrect dget/dput() pair in cgroup_create_dir ();
• A missing mb has been added to freezer_count() and freezer_should_skip();
• -ENOMEM result with invalid user space pointer in sendto() syscall has been fixed;
• An USB ID has been added for T-Com Sinus 154 data II.
A complete list of changes and fixes can be found in the official mailing list.
“I'm announcing the release of the 3.4.25 kernel. All users of the 3.4 kernel series should upgrade or risk being turned into pumpkins.”
“The updated 3.4.y git tree can be found at: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git linux-3.4.y and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git,” said Ben Hutchings in the email announcement.
Users of the Linux kernel 3.4.x branch are urged to update to the new version as soon as possible.
Download Linux kernel 3.4.25 LTS right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW