Another stable branch of the Linux kernel is now available for download
Ben Hutchings announced yesterday, January 16, the immediate availability for download of Linux kernel 3.2.37.Linux kernel 3.2.37 brings a lot of various fixes, as well as driver improvements, network fixes, not to mention support for various devices.
Highlights of Linux kernel 3.2.37 LTS:
• A connector table for SAM440ep embedded board has been added;
• A connector table for Mac G4 Silver has been added;
• Don't let mac80211 send a BAR when an AMPDU subframe fails;
• The Ricoh 0xe822 SD card reader base clock frequency has been reduced to 50MHz;
• A kmemleak in tcp_v4/6_syn_recv_sock and dccp_v4/6_request_recv_sock has been fixed;
• Missed events on EPOLL_CTL_MOD are now prevented;
• Missing NULL terminator has been added in order to avoid boot panic on PPC40x;
• Do not trace inlined functions;
• USB ID for T-Com Sinus 154 data II has been added;
• Correct handling of CR_24H bitfield has been implemented;
•Ensure that we free the rpc_task after cleanups are done;
• L id and Sleep button are no longer used for S5 wakeup.
• Redundant locking in update_vsyscall_tz() has been removed;
• Do not use dummy HID for system bus ACPI nodes;
• Adjust sequence number downward after signing NT_CANCEL request
• tcp_replace_ts_recent() is no longer called from tcp_validate_incoming()
• Ensure that VGA plane is disabled on i915.
A complete list of changes and fixes can be found in the official mailing list.
“I'm announcing the release of the 3.2.37 kernel. All users of the 3.2 kernel series should upgrade or risk being turned into pumpkins.”
“The updated 3.2.y git tree can be found at: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git linux-3.2.y and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git,” said Ben Hutchings in the email announcement.
Users of the Linux kernel 3.2.x branch are urged to update to the new version as soon as possible.
Download Linux kernel 3.2.37 right now from Softpedia.